[ale] [EXTERNAL] Android -> Linux file transfer

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Wed Mar 29 14:57:13 EDT 2023

I never fiddle with these anymore. If I need to do file transfers to/from
Android devices, I put the phone on a network and use one of the numerous
wifi based, web server oriented, file transfer apps out there. Then it's
literally as simple as pointing a browser to a URL, selecting the file of
interest, and downloading.

It's just too much of a headache trying to figure out wire based device
connectivity anymore.

BAJ

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 02:50:16PM -0400, Boris Borisov via Ale wrote:
>    I have trouble with newer Android device. In the past when you connect
>    your phone to PC Android was asking you do you want me to act as mass
>    storage device or P2P serial transfer if I'm not mistaken.
>    Now newer Android says file transfer and pictures transfer which I
>    assume is different naming for same things. But I couldn't get Linux to
>    see phone as storage device.
>    Any suggestions.

Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
https://facultyprofiles.clayton.edu/faculty/bjeff