[ale] virus infection

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Thu Mar 2 12:14:20 EST 2023

You do not state if you have rebooted either of the boxes or power cycled
the printer.  This is the first step especially if MicroShaft is involved.

I assume the obvious of verifying that there is paper in the printer,
no jam, and no error codes on the printer.

You do not state if any changes were done recently to any of the systems
or networking equipment or hardware.  If s0 I would start there (after
rebooting and re-testing).

Also, I concur that a hung job could be the problem.  Removing it from the
queue is a good start in addition to rebooting.

You do not state if the printer is on the same box as the process
attempting to print.

You do not state what OS is on either of these boxes.

You do not state if one of the systems is a MicroShaft system that has crashed.

I hear tell that often a MicroShaft system's configuration will change without
your commanding it due to bugs.

If the only symptom is print failure it likely is something other than infection.

Bob