[ale] Stacks of boxes

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:44:36 EST 2023

I have a couple stacks of boxes in my home office, the results of a new desktop build.

Back in early December I started the "Back to the new desktop question". That's not really the full story though, I had started the same conversation back in August of 2020. There was probably another time or two as well, I tend to come up with the idea to build a desktop, and then chicken out. Partly because I think in money scarcity, partly because things have changed so much and I learn slowly.

This time I came close to backing out again, and then someone from the list asked if I'd be interested in a slightly used motherboard, CPU, and RAM. My assumption was that even a decent used price would be more than my brain wanted to pay. Turns out the asking price was "pay for a box, and shipping". If not for such a generous offer, I would have probably backed out and stayed with my Dell from Goodwill.

So much of the daily news is bad, I wanted to share something good. I really appreciate the hardware, and all the advice everyone has provided.

Leam

--
Automation Engineer        (reuel.net/resume)
Scribe: The Domici War     (domiciwar.net)