[ale] Non-interactive disk partitioning?

David Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:43:06 EST 2023

Hey Leam,

I wrote some installation scripts for Arch some time ago.  Some of those
scripts use sgdisk and sfdisk to automagically create disk partitions
according to your taste (interactively determined) and then install the
distro.

I'm sending a link to "Archtail", the script I use myself for my own
machines.  (It uses whiptail as a front end.)  But if you look for the
*part_disk* function around line 721 it should give you another example of
how you could do this.  Here's the link:

https://github.com/deepbsd/Archtail/blob/master/archtail.sh

Oh, never mind on the crypt_setup function.  It doesn't work.  But the rest
of the stuff does!  Been using it for a pretty long time.  I hope this
helps!

Dave