[ale] IPv6 local devices with a prefix that may change

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Nov 4 13:51:33 EDT 2022

It's not really a device of yesterday either. I don't see a particular
need for devices having an entire OS running on them all the time. Why
does a smartlock or a remote temperature sensor need an entire OS
instead of just responding to low level network traffic?  Matter and
Thread and all of those are very deep implementations but they all seem
to want some very hefty computing power to keep them going on the end nodes.