[ale] [OT] Programmer's list?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu May 26 19:11:48 EDT 2022

Scott M. Jones via Ale said on Mon, 23 May 2022 08:54:58 -0400

>On 5/22/22 7:34 AM, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
>> This list is pretty awesome; doesn't matter what flavor of Linux you
>> use, or what size of environment you use it in, at least a few people
>> have the same experience.
>>
>> Is there a similar list for programmers? I find myself with general
>> programming questions and prefer non-language specific answers.
>>
>> Leam
>
>A lot of the younger dev's have moved on from mailing lists to other
>platforms such as Slack and Discord.

Slack is owned by giant Salesforce.Com.

Discord is a big-bux privately held corporation constantly courted for
buyout by Microsoft and others.

A mailing list can be put up by anybody, and replaced by anybody else
if it becomes a bad actor. It can be used with any operating system and
every OS setup. Unlike Slack, you don't need Pulseaudio if you don't
want it.

Let's talk about big-bux owners. Remember what happened to GitHub? To
Freenode? To Skype?

Younger isn't necessarily better. I prefer quality and independence to
following fashion.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm