[ale] UEFI/NVME system won't boot after dead CMOS battery

SpaXpert, Inc. spaxpert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:30:07 EDT 2022

I'm not getting this. So it boots if you use cd boot and direct it to load
linux os from hd, and it works.  If nvme firmware was an issue, would the
opensuse boot disc still work?

As previously suggested.. but why don't you have access to update the mbr
on the drive after getting it up and running with your alternative boot
method (cd)?  This is weird.
Scratching head...
Doug.