[ale] Stupid people and DST

Michael Potter pottmi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:36:10 EDT 2022

here is an observation from moving from Chicago to Atlanta.

Chicago is on the east side of a timezone and atlanta is on the west side
of a timezone.

One of the things I noticed in Atlanta is that it seemed like everyone
started an hour later.

I think there were two issues at play: a) Late night TV starts at 10:30pm
in Chicago.  So people watched their favorite show and went to bed an hour
earlier.  b) Also, the sun came up earlier in Chicago because of the
relative placement on the timezone.

I welcome the change to permanent DST even tho it hardly affects me.

However, if I had to choose between banning leaf blowers and permanent DST
I would be standing down at the state house with a "Leaf Blowers Blow" sign.