[ale] Stupid people and DST

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:53:10 EDT 2022

It always struck me that the fixed point in time was noon - when the sun is the highest in the sky. From that perspective, the time width of available daylight expands and contracts about that center point.

Maybe if the centerline of each timezone coincided with actual noon it would make sense.

There's a state that doesn't observe DST. Indiana?

Wasn't Indiana trying to legislate pi to be exactly 3? Or was it the state that almost banned dihydrous monoxide due to the deaths it caused.

Maybe we should limit work to 6 hours a day.

Daylight or starlight has little to impact on my ability to ingest beer and lawn mowers are noisy and pointless. If I don't like plants taller than 4 inches, why cover the yard with ones that naturally grow 2-3 feet tall.

Humans are strange. Glad I'm only loosely affiliated.