[ale] Stupid people and DST

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Mar 14 16:53:45 EDT 2022

Different sides of each timezone in the US see DST either as good or bad.  We are near the most western side, so our views are different from the people in Maine, near the Atlantic Timezone.

It is what it is. If asked, I'd vote against it.

If you spend time in places that don't have any DST, you might notice that the sun is up at 4:15 am (especially when you are jet lagged). I remember being a little frustrated that 2+ hrs of daylight were being wasted in that country.

China would normally have 5 timezones, but they only have 1 by policy. UTC+8. It prevents confusion for when to meet.

I'm against DST, but I can understand why people seem to like it too.  A few places on the borders of time zones in the US don't observe DST. This can be to match the TZ of a large city in the other TZ or because a state/city is just stubborn.