[ale] Help!! Ale is being abused

Robert Tweedy robert at robert-tweedy.com
Tue Jul 12 20:17:10 EDT 2022

I've gotten a basic Captcha configured now on Mailman's main sign-up
pages (which is likely where the issue's coming from), so this will
hopefully lessen the problem. I'm definitely open to any suggestions for
improvement as well as donations of time to implement a better
spam-filtering mechanism to prevent the server from responding to every
incoming message it receives (ie. Mailman either needs to be smarter
about what messages it replies to & what messages it just
ignores/discards without a reply, or we need our spam filter to also
work internally & keep Mailman from sending out spam on its own when
someone/something abuses forms on the site that could generate an email).