[ale] bonehead ipset additions

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Feb 13 23:31:32 EST 2022

My script to do this is 4 lines.
No error checking.
I didn't want to overthink it. I don't even check that the euid is 0. That's solved by placing the script in ~root/bin/.  K.I.S.S.

#!/bin/bash

IPSET_RULES_FILE="/etc/ipset.up.rules"

# Make a backup
cp $IPSET_RULES_FILE $IPSET_RULES_FILE.bak

# Update the live ruleset - any errors?
ipset add countryblock $1

# Append the new rule to the bottom
echo "add countryblock $1 " | tee -a $IPSET_RULES_FILE

On 2/13/22 17:50, Alex Carver via Ale wrote:
> I'm putting a tiny utility script together to make it faster for me
> to update ipset lists and add them to a restore file in one shot but
> I've run into a slight hiccup with what I wanted to accomplish.

Lots of brilliant stuff deleted.