[ale] AT&T fiber and IPv6?

James Sumners (ALE) james+ale at sumners.email
Sun Feb 13 10:47:11 EST 2022

Let’s assume I’ve only ever picked up fiber cable and never actually installed or managed a network with it. From your diagram, I am picking up that the ONT is the device where the fiber terminates in my house, and the ER-4 is an Ubiquiti Edge Router.

I am likely to be getting an Ubiquiti UDM Pro to replace my pfSense box (given that I no longer need to care about tracking total bytes across the WAN interface). This gateway device has SFP+ ports. Would those factor into your diagram in any way?

How does using the AT&T gateway device as an authenticator only device change the IPv6 reliability?