[ale] B&W printer recommendations

Bruno Bronosky bruno at bronosky.com
Fri Feb 4 14:24:24 EST 2022

I took the advice here and picked up a Brother HL-L2395DW from Microcenter
yesterday. It's great so far. I use it on WiFi. I added their .deb driver
to Ubuntu and extracted the PPD for from the package to use on Arch. It has
a flatbed scanner on top. It can scan to a SAMBA share, or Google Drive,
Evernote, Dropbox, and a few other services. It can also download and print
from all the same services. At $200 for a Black-only laser printer with
$42/$72 Reg/High capacity OEM toner... I'm probably good for a decade or so.

Thanks ALE! I was getting tired of having to syringe/pump cleaning fluid
through my Brother MFC-J835DW inkjet ~quarterly which is all I print. Time
to extract some l steppers and optical encoders! ☮️❤️🌈🧘🏽