[ale] Back to new the desktop question

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Dec 19 14:26:09 EST 2022

On 12/19/22 10:48, Scott Plante via Ale wrote:
> Maybe this is a silly question, but did you try setting the BIOS to
> just boot from the HD, and only change it back when you *need* to
> boot from USB? I'm wondering if that would reduce the long boot time
> since it theoretically wouldn't need to search all the USB devices at
> that time.

Pretty certain I did, but it has been 3 yrs and I've slept a few times since then.  I do remember trying everything I could think of for about a week at the time.  I was having RAM tuning issues, which were much more important than having a bunch of USB2 ports working, so I cannot say for certain.

BTW, I also learned that the eSATA port wasn't PM, which made it useless for my needs - a dual HDD dock. Even with just 1 drive in the dock, it wasn't working, much less than for an external array connected via eSATA.