[ale] Back to new the desktop question

William Bagwell william at alt-config.net
Sun Dec 4 13:57:04 EST 2022

On Sunday, December 04, 2022 12:22:53 PM DJPfulio--- via Ale wrote:
> I don't game and I found the built-in GPU to be faster, less costly
than the low-end nvidia GPU and much, much, much, much less hassles that
dealing with nvidia drivers.
>snips
> Anyway, if you don't have a GPU already, get the Ryzen 5600G and get an
> Asus B550 motherboard with an Intel NIC. RAM and stability aren't an
> issue, once you get the RAM speed and timings correct.

Yes, very helpful starting point. Modern OS's do not play well with the
Nvidia card in that rig. So time to say goodbye. Well, once I get the
last bit of un-backed up stuff off an IDI drive...
--
William