[ale] MXLinux install issues

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Apr 20 16:13:37 EDT 2022

On 4/20/22 14:35, Wayne via Ale wrote:

> On 4/19/22 7:11 PM, SpaXpert, Inc. via Ale wrote:
>> linux bullshit distro
>
> Uh, what exactly is your definition of a "bullshit distro"

Certainly, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Arch, SuSE ... those are all bullshit distros.
After all, they have installers.  If your installer doesn't use echo and dd (and only those tools), what are you thinking?  Actually, echo is optional, but I didn't want to be too hard core. After all, the masses need just a little help.  /s

We all have different needs in a distro.

Some only see them as 'how can I earn a living' choices.  Then MXLinux probably isn't on your list.
Some people want a lite, non-SystemD, distro and don't care about corporate use. Those people should take a look at MXLinux.

Everyone has slightly different needs.

By my definition, anyone using a DE is running a bullshit distro.  Pure-WM or console only. Everything else just gets in the way of productivity - especially KDE and Gnome or anything DE that used GTK or Qt libs. Talk about bloat!