[ale] MXLinux install issues

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Apr 20 11:51:56 EDT 2022

On 4/20/22 10:17, Narahari 'n' Savitha via Ale wrote:
> distrowatch.com <http://distrowatch.com> has MXLinux at number 1 for 6 months.
>
> I wud say it is a fairly popular distro.

Distro watch popularity is highly suspect.

That just says people (say 100 people) who like it have been hitting the distro watch webpage for that distro using automatic tools every 60 seconds.

Of course, there are at least 2 real fans of MXLinux in the ALE-NW regulars, which could easily be were Narahari got the idea.

As we all should know, internet polls are all highly suspect, unless the entire population of interest is included in the poll.  All we get from distrowatch is who visits, goes to that page. It definitely is not the total Linux user base or even a sizeable fraction of it.