[ale] Let's Encrypt root cert expiring 9/30

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Sep 24 16:37:36 EDT 2021

I am using Let's Encrypt on pfSense with the ACME package, and I noticed
that my certificate was still referencing the older root cert expiring at
the end of this month. In my case, it had downloaded the new root cert but
was still serving the old one to the browser. I did get it working after
removing the old CA entry and refreshing the firewall cert from Let's
Encrypt.

If you're using Let's Encrypt certs, you might want to double check in your
browsers that the whole certificate chain is valid and not about to expire
before October.

Scott