[ale] Semi OT: zip compatibility between Linux Mac Windows

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 21:10:24 EDT 2021

I was playing around with that this early evening. In general Linux uses
command line utilies to create or uncompress archives. Then someone writes
graphics front-end to be easy on mice users.

On my Antix distro the utility for zip files is 7zip variant. And as we
discussed on the meeting is not compatible with Linux or Mac on passwords.

But when tried Puppy Linux the utilies included there are the original zip
and unzip from Info-zip and zip files are compatible with Windows.

I suppose you can install these in you Mint distro and some how make it
default for your archive manager.