[ale] Remove systemd network handling

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Sep 19 20:39:33 EDT 2021

Alex Carver via Ale said on Sun, 19 Sep 2021 15:55:44 -0700

>Ok, I'm having some trouble figuring out how to completely remove
>systemd from handling network connections.  For some reason it decides
>to bounce the connection on a couple machines every few days with no
>information in the logs as to why.

>As an aside, are there any good explanations for how to remove user
>management and login control from systemd as well?  I don't need seats
>or any of the fancy features on this machine, that's just overhead for
>no good value so I'd rather to back to plain logins.

There are many great distros that don't use systemd at all. Everything
systemd does can be done in different, usually much better ways. I use
Void Linux, which inits with runit instead of systemd. Devuan is another
great sans-systemd distro, giving you a choice of sysvinit, runit or s6
for init systems.

Other distros include Artix, PCLinuxOS, Gentoo, Funtoo, and several
others. Many people are starting to realize that systemd is the emporor
without clothes.

SteveT

Steve Litt