[ale] IP over USB

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Thu Sep 9 17:15:11 EDT 2021

Hi Boris,

The key to such a connection is that USB expects one end to be master
and the other a slave.  Typical PC USB ports are all Masters.  So you
need a device (not just a cable) that has master connections on both
ends.  Some possibilities in this article:

http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/

Note that USB-C can be either master or slave, but generally not
auto-selecting.  On my android phone, I can tell it to be a master
instead of the default as a slave.