[ale] Ubiquiti cloud compromise

James Sumners (ALE) james+ale at sumners.email
Tue Mar 30 23:13:52 EDT 2021

Like I said. SDN is great, but not if you host the software somewhere else. https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/03/whistleblower-ubiquiti-breach-catastrophic/

"The source — we’ll call him Adam — spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of retribution by Ubiquiti.

“It was catastrophically worse than reported, and legal silenced and overruled efforts to decisively protect customers,” Adam wrote in a letter to the European Data Protection Supervisor. “The breach was massive, customer data was at risk, access to customers’ devices deployed in corporations and homes around the world was at risk.”"