[ale] Ping support

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 10:35:52 EDT 2021

Sweet! Take it one step further and write the data to a rrd and live plot it. Rrdtool or prometheus/grafana with pushgateway.

One the head is wrapped around how prometheus and grafana work, they will likely replace rrdtool graphs.

https://vinayakpandey-7997.medium.com/pushing-bash-script-result-to-prometheus-using-pushgateway-a0760cd261e

If systemd makes you gag, please substitute appropriate sysV start/stop stuff. It's just an example of how to do something and not an offer to start a flame war.

Flame war topics "best beer style" (obviously an Imperial Stout is the clear winner) and "the best pasta shape" (clearly rotini since is holds sauce best) are the only 2 worth discussing. :-)

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool