[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: Distributed filesystems?

Allen Beddingfield allen at ua.edu
Fri Mar 26 18:59:18 EDT 2021

"Cheap" has a couple of  different meanings in this case:
1.  Cheaper than offering storage on our SAN
2.  Not having to buy it, because it is already on hand.

As for security for it, we had CEPH on a dedicated VLAN, and just bound an interface to that VLAN for each host.  NFS was IP based, and we also transitioned over to using iSCSI targets at some point.
We treated it just like an iSCSI SAN/NAS.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer