[ale] Well, goodbye pfSense... need some hardware recs

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Mar 16 13:55:29 EDT 2021

I've always felt that routers should be routers and maybe
simple firewalls.

VPN devices should be VPN devices, separate from routers.

Call me crazy.

These are all complex systems. Screwing up the settings in one
could easily cause the others to break.  For me, it is sorta
like why I don't want my DNS, hosting, and Registrar with the
same companies.  Keep all 3 separate.

Part of my common sense.  Putting too many features into 1
device/OS just feels wrong. Isn't that one of the reasons we
have concerns about that other kitchen-sink OS and split our
deployments into separate, logical, chunks?