[ale] Free Online Conferences

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Jan 28 18:17:35 EST 2021

I'd be happy to place them on the ALE calendar as foreign (non-ALE) events, assuming meetup hasn't removed that.  If they have, we can post them somewhere else or we could team up and create a group-sourced calendar somewhere that supports read-only viewers too?

For each, just provide:

Title -
Start Date -
End Date -
Cost - ZERO and cheap (sub-$100) gets priority over paid conferences/training.
URL - with more information; Ideally, the URL for the stream(s).

BTW, the ALE calendar supports multiple sorts of subscriptions. RSS, Atom, iCal. I know thunderbird easily subscribes (read-only), so keeping up with stuff isn't too hard.

Certainly we can crowd-source all F/LOSS - related conferences. Yes?

ALE leaders get asked to "pump and dump" conferences for discounts or free passes. I've never accepted, BTW. To me, that would be stepping over the line of trust.

Anyway, we should be able to post the information to our calendar.