[ale] Linux based door locks

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Thu Jan 21 18:40:59 EST 2021

Very few locks, electronic or otherwise, are very secure.
I get a kick out of the "Lock Picking Lawyer" channel sometimes:
https://www.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer

While he does a lot of traditional lock picking, he also highlights some
shockingly easy lock bypasses like just looping over the inside handle with
film or string. e.g.
https://youtu.be/byYGPO4ptxs

A lot of the expensive corporate electronic locks can be defeated with a
magnet held in the right place, apparently. That video isn't coming up in
my history search quickly though.

The DefCon hacker conference usually has sessions on physical security
bypasses too. e.g.
https://youtu.be/3yKZqiYGYnA

Scott