[ale] No more CentOS as an LTS release

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:05:00 EST 2021

Next we will start hearing about developer teams inside redhat being "reorganized and realigned to better fit long range plans". Then devs start leaving, dev budgets get cut, more devs leave, more deeper cuts, and IBM looks about the same it has for the past 15-20 years. As long as there's gov contracts to keep squeezing nickels from, it's standard playbook to buy a profitable corp and kill it by a thousand cuts.

On January 20, 2021 5:25:58 PM EST, Scott Plante via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Well, I didn't expect this development. CentOS is gone as we knew, but
>apparently instead RedHat is free for up to 16 production servers. Also
>free for development, although I think it already was anyway under the
>RH
>developer program.
>
>https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/01/centos-is-gone-but-rhel-is-now-free-for-up-to-16-production-servers/
>
>Scott
>
>On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 3:48 PM Beddingfield, Allen via Ale
><ale at ale.org>
>wrote:
>
>> Sounds like a good time for people to re-evaluate, and move to
>openSUSE
>> Leap (or Ubuntu LTS or OEL if you are into that sort of thing lol)
>>

>https://www.cyberciti.biz/linux-news/centos-linux-8-will-end-in-2021-and-shifts-focus-to-centos-stream/
>>
>> --
>> Allen Beddingfield
>> Systems Engineer