[ale] How useful is Raspbian for Newbie Learning Linux?

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Thu Jan 7 19:31:17 EST 2021

It isn't a subset. There are full Linux distributions for the Raspberry Pi.

The only thing is that you have to work out your connectivity. You'll need
a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and power supply to get it going.

BAJ

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 07:27:11PM -0500, Mark Ogilvie via Ale wrote:
>    How useful is Raspbian as a tool for a beginner who wants to learn
>    Linux commands?
>    I have other options, so I don't want to spend too much time on it if
>    it is not full-featured, a subset of standard Linux OS. Thanks!

Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://faculty.clayton.edu/bjeff