[ale] End of year digital clean up?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jan 5 11:49:01 EST 2021

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 12:49:05 -0500
DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I've had my list of new-year digital cleanup tasks for
> about a decade, but it can always be improved.
>
> What do you do every year to clean up your data, email, photos,
> documents, ebooks, backups, retired credentials?
>
> How do you find these things later?

I operate on the assumption that forever and always, spinning rust
drive space will decrease in price, making it an ever expanding file
cabinet. So I have no specific day to clean up, but instead delete huge
files as I find them, and pay particular attention to cache
directories, deleting everything more than a day old.

If some day spinning rust is declared "legacy" and therefore price per
Terabyte increases by a factor of 100, I'll revisit that policy.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive