[ale] End of year digital clean up?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 23:29:24 EST 2021

Really?!?. Lifetime warranty that requires a receipt is crap. That's why Craftsman tools were awesome. And Bluepoint and Snap-On, and  the others with the same warranty. Possession of the failed device was enough to justify the repair or replacement.

Sort of like lifetime upgrades and lifetime support. Lifetime is an indefinite span.

Now toss in the rapid degradation of thermal printer paper.... Oh. Add in "must be original receipt" and its all just crap. How does that work with a digital receipt?

Yeah. I'm being even more snarky than usual.

On January 4, 2021 3:30:30 PM EST, DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>How do people deal with "Lifetime Warranties" or items bought with
>longer
>warranties than than normal tax document periods?  These always need a
>receipt to prove purchase date/location.
>
>I really don't want to purchase an new Ginsu knives!  Or BluBlocker
>sunglasses.
>

>On 2021-01-04 14:22, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> EMP? Extra Marital Programming?
>>
>> On January 4, 2021 1:08:13 PM EST, Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>     What about EMP :)
>>
>>     My data is disorganized.  I should give it thought.
>>
>>     On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, 13:02 Jim Kinney via Ale <ale at ale.org
><mailto:ale at ale.org>> wrote:

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool