[ale] Monitoring Solutions

jhubbslist at att.net jhubbslist at att.net
Wed Feb 24 17:26:33 EST 2021

I will say that one Nagios environment at A Previous Employer^TM made
sysadminning hell because Nagios was implemented by the netops folks who
never took into account what the systems involved actually did. Why yes,
my file server lights up all its cores at 3AM when it runs ClamAV on all
the Samba filespace (>200MiB/s read!) or when it performs a mksquashfs
on same; don't bother me!