[ale] Monitoring Solutions

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:47:03 EST 2021

Nagios, prometheus & grafana. The kewl kidz use grafana for plots and alerts and prometheus for collection. Good combo for making custom dashboards.
"Back in the day" I used BigBrother. It got bought out and went closed source and vanished. The open source replacement was big sister.

On February 24, 2021 4:08:14 AM EST, Leam Hall via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Working on my career skills, and I need to add a monitoring solution.
>Is
>Nagios still the first choice in open source options? I need to learn
>server, network, and application monitoring to beef up a challenge area
>
>in my Site Reliability Engineering skill set.
>
>Happy Wednesday!
>
>Leam
>
>--
>Systems Programmer         (reuel.net/resume)
>Chronicler: The Domici War (domiciwar.net)
>General Ne'er-do-well      (github.com/LeamHall)

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool