[ale] Sorry

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:50:28 EST 2021

My last thoughts:

Systemd made containers much more possible on the scale in use now. It is also  pretty much the "one ring" (please think all "and in the darkness bind them" thoughts here as is appropriate) of the Linux-based OS arena.

I appreciate the very professional descalation of harsh rhetoric. While I do enjoy a good dumpster fire, seriously, who doesn't, I prefer to be literally watching a physical dumpster with flames shooting up while I slurp a tasty adult beverage or three. Our geeky world attracts many people and "personality disorder" could be a descriptor for most of us. Some of us may get to add "pathological" as well. The entrance standards are such that "Enthusiast" is all it takes.

:-)

Happy Monday.

On February 8, 2021 10:47:54 AM EST, Leam Hall via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 10:44 AM Steve Litt via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I'm going to bow out of further additions to this thread too.
>ALE
>> is a nice, friendly place, and my last couple posts did not
>contribute
>> to that.
>>
>> SteveT
>
>I get at least some of the blame, it was a risky topic to bring up,
>and systemd discussions are about as lively as vi/emacs chats.
>
>I still think much of Linux could be kept more modular, and my value
>system thinks it should be that way. Not sure how best to contribute
>to that cause, though.
>
>Leam

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool