[ale] bizarre ubuntu video on Dell optiplex 740 (dropbox images)

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sat Feb 6 10:17:07 EST 2021

On 2/6/21 10:02 AM, Neal Rhodes via Ale wrote:
> sudo ubuntu-drivers

20.04 has a few notes in the Release Notes about nvidia GPUs.
Be certain to read it.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FocalFossa/ReleaseNotes

$ sudo apt purge nvidia-*
$ sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

are the commands you want. Since 18.04, AMD and Nvidia GPU drivers
have been available for still supported GPUs.

The ubuntuforums.org have lots of people who struggle with dual-GPU
systems, especially when those systems have both nvidia and Intel
iGPUs. Anyways, check there for more help.

I don't have a system like that and my only 20.04 system runs
inside a VM.  Last month, I moved from 16.04 to 18.04 on most of my
systems. ;) I don't really "do" GUI stuff - still rocking fvwm here. ;)