[ale] How old is this list?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Wed Feb 3 09:22:10 EST 2021

Yeah... Through my time spent with ALE, I'd acquired DEC Alpha, HP PA-RISC,
Motorola RISC PC, SGI O2, and Sun Sparc hardware all to run Linux on and
work on adding support or verifying functionality. A lot of my work in the
early 2000s while in California I was working with the NAGIOS framework
plugins to get them dual-stack capable so I was testing code on multiple
architectures both IPv4 only and IPv4/IPv6 capable to ensure functionality.
I was in the San Francisco Bay Area in '01 when USENIX tried to move to the
ALS there and remember how it went well. In the past 6-7 years, I've
submitted patches to both PuppetLabs and SaltStack projects to fix various
issues. For the last 12-13 years, much of my work has revolved around cloud
computing.

As was said earlier and I thought about it, I've been on the ALE list for
most of my career as well. Even when I moved to California and now after
moving down to Florida. ALE would be where I turned to look for my peers
first. Speaking of which, I will be back in Atlanta from Feb 26-28. Have
some business to take care of on the 27th but if there were interest and
could determine a suitable location could get together for a small
gathering and perhaps keysigning info exchange. Wife and I will be flying
in late on the 26th and back out early morning of the 28th so would have to
be the evening of the 27th. Just putting it out there to see if any
interest.