[ale] [OT] Church sound equipment

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 06:59:25 EDT 2021

Behringer X32 all the way for mixer. Save “scene” to USB stick and when people mess with the board all week, you come in on Sunday, put in the USB stick, load the “scene”, and you’re EXACTLY where you were the previous week.  It’s THE go-to in church sound for up to 32 channels right now.

Shure wireless for small to medium auditoriums.  Audio Technica bigger with multiple antennae and multi channel for headsets/handhelds

Generally speaking I personally would never use wireless for singers.  I would use wired SM-58 mics for singers and SM-57 mics for miking drums with a submix from the stage down to two channels on your main board.

Just my 2¢

—jms