[ale] Parallel & serial port cards?

Sam Rakowski devnull at iamdevnull.info
Sun Nov 15 17:01:59 EST 2020

Somewhat related, I've always wondered (it hasn't been an issue for me *yet*) is whether those USB->RS232 adapters actually swing +/- 12V or they just stick to TTL levels or similar.

Also, are there actual USB->parallel port adapters that truly provide a 'normal' parallel port, with each pin able to be controlled like GPIO pins? I'd like to make another one of those cheap 'n' dirty R-ladder "DACs" to enjoy the hi-fi output of the PC speaker for nostalgia's sake.
Sent via BlackBerry