[ale] Parallel & serial port cards?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat Nov 14 21:12:38 EST 2020

I have purchased multiport PCIe serial cards from StarTech in the past
that work quite well under Debian.  They have a medusa cable to convert
the large connector to four 9-pin D-subs.  The kernel picks them up
right away as 16950 UART fully hardware serial ports.  There are also a
couple combination cards available.

All of the cards show Linux support.  I would recommend separate cards
rather than a combo card if you have space.

4-port serial card (this is the one I've been buying for several
systems, one computer has three of them):
https://www.startech.com/en-us/cards-adapters/pex4s952

One and Two port parallel SPP/EPP/ECP:
https://www.startech.com/en-us/cards-adapters/pex2pecp2
https://www.startech.com/en-us/cards-adapters/pex1p