[ale] OT: Blocking Android app access over wifi

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed May 22 13:01:27 EDT 2019

I've had my Purell stolen by foreign customs when leaving to come to the
USA.  Overzealous interpretations of US prohibited carry on.

Also had water purchased AT THE GATE, inside security, taken 10 ft from
entering the aircraft door. This has happened in 3 different countries
... actually from 3 different continents on return flights to the USA.

I've always been able to live without data connectivity away from home
and work. Sure, it is "nice to have", but just get your offline maps and
mark the places you want to see BEFORE leaving.  What happens when your
phone is stolen at the first port?  A friend had his phone stolen on
day-1 of a 3 week European trip (along with his wallet all credit cards,
cash).  His backup phone was stolen on day-2.  Thankfully, his passport
wasn't stolen.