[ale] random number generators

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 18:30:41 EDT 2019

I was looking at redirecting urandom to random to keep a higher
quantity but lower quality.
The systems are isolated on a private network (firewalled off from "bad
stuff") but they do potentially contain ePHI and subject to HIPAA
rules. Thus the deep dive into RNG and the performance issues.
There are several hardware RNGs that are not stupid $$ but of unknown
quality. The one I found that provides NIST certification is $800. I
need 3. Not my money but I'm still a cheapskate.

--
James P. Kinney III