[ale] System Administrator

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Wed Mar 6 20:01:35 EST 2019

Ale Crew,

I need to hire a System Administrator to help with a variety of tasks.

The bad news first:

1. My company is too small to offer benefits.

2. Some work on Windows will be required (Not Administration as there is
another guy to do that).  We make use of open source software on windows
(gitbash) so I am looking for someone with a linux background.

3. There will be night work required (but the timing is flexible).

The good news

1. The schedule is flexible.

2. We are over the hump on cleanup of old systems so the work will be
developing new stuff.

3. We do other work that you can help with so there should be a variety of
work.

Here are the initial tasks:
1) migrate all the source from bitbucket to gitlab.  Setup user accounts in
gitlab so that users can report problems.

2) log in each morning and evening to check that status of in-house
processes.

3) automate the checking of the servers with Zabbix.

Ongoing tasks:

1) triage tickets and assign developers.

2) build and deploy MS applications using Visual Studio (point and click).

3) follow instructions on "Fixing" data in the database using SQL.

--
Michael Potter
  Tapp Solutions, LLC