[ale] SW root for Amazon Fire 8HD gen-7 possible

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Mar 5 13:44:01 EST 2019

Or just load f-droid appstore and skip google completely.  Always a good
thing, in my mind.

Without root, it is hard to run a real firewall or prevent amazon/google
tracking or create real, full, backups.

If it had a GPS chip, I wouldn't need a cell phone at all. GPS doesn't
need to be privacy sucking. It is mainly "google location services"
which violates that privacy. My Nokia N8xx tablet has GPS and didn't
send anything back anywhere due to it.  Cell towers are 1,000x worse for
privacy, IMHO and IME.

For me, there is something magical about 8 inch tablets.  7 inch is just
a little too small, eyesight and hands. 10 inch is too big.

As Charles says, more freedom is always better.  Nobody HAS to root
their devices, but for people who prefer that, it should be allowed and
services should be legal which provide rooting/modifying/altering our
equipment. Period.