[ale] System Load Summary Script?

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Wed Jun 26 13:35:53 EDT 2019

+1 for htop

It all depends on what you mean by "load".  In UNIX days load averages in top and other tools were only for the CPU.   In Linux that isn't the case.  Coincidentally I'd just been in another thread mentioning that when someone shared this discussion of why that is different in Linux:

http://www.brendangregg.com/blog/2017-08-08/linux-load-averages.html

As far as monitoring goes you could use something like Nagios and the plugins it provides (or just the plugins and make your own routine to run the plugin and email you the output).