[ale] Firewalld is incomplete

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:43:37 EST 2019

Hmm. Looks like iptables has not been dropped. My Fedora 29 installs:
nftables-0.9.0-2.fc29.x86_64ebtables-2.0.10-28.fc29.x86_64iptables-
1.8.0-3.fc29.x86_64
Apparently the different tools can all be used to manipulate the
netfilter subsystem in the kernel.
But, yes, for some loosely defined value of "using", you are correct
that nftables is the replacement.
By the time I wrap my head of _that_ it will all be run in systemd
anyway so I won't need to do anything :-}

--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain