[ale] [OT] mail issue with sending mail from managed gmail account to bellsouth email addresses

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Jan 29 08:06:01 EST 2019

A bellsouth.net customer (and friend) got hacked and sent me a virus. I
forwarded the email back to my friend and suggested that his computer
had a virus. It was i 2008-2009, probably.  1 email did it.

I spent the next 5+ yrs on the AT&T blocklist.  My initial attempts to
get removed all failed. After about 3 months of trying to get removed, I
gave up, since bellsouth.net people could still email me and it was the
only blacklist we were on.

A few more years go by and I get a bounced email from AT&T and have the
desire to follow up on it to a webpage with a little more data about
what they didn't like. Follow their removal process and about 3 weeks
later my email servers are removed from the AT&T blocklist.  I didn't
change any settings for my servers or change any DNS TXT records.