[ale] Firewalld is incomplete

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Jan 27 11:48:36 EST 2019

What is the purpose of firewalld?  I tried reading the documentation and
it seems it tries to abstract the firewall rules and expose a D-bus
interface to the firewall.  Maybe abstracting is useful if firewall
rules need to be portable across different implementations (iptables,
ip6tables, etc.) but having D-bus access to the firewall disturbs me.
That seems to get perilously close to a clone of UPnP and all of the
risks associated.