[ale] The importance of regular backups - AKA: The ALE list's getting a blast from the past

Robert Tweedy robert at robert-tweedy.com
Wed Jan 23 17:27:24 EST 2019

Derek,

I'd tried to access the list's management page Friday night (was originally investigating why the list had suddenly been quiet all week) and was greeted with a Mailman "you've hit a bug" error page. After checking the logs on the server ALE's running on, I saw that it complained about the config.pck file being unreadable or missing; when I went to investigate the file itself, I saw that it and the config.pck.last files had a size of 0 and a creation date of January 13th indicating that they'd somehow been corrupted/deleted and re-created with no contents.

-Robert

 ---- On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:04:19 -0500 Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote ----