[ale] Versioned backups are simple now.

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Jan 21 16:49:11 EST 2019

On 1/21/19 3:03 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

<snip>

> On another point -- I recently upgraded several of my servers from
> Fedora 25 to Fedora 29 -- and my backup time decreased by a few hours!
> Could newer python be that much faster?  (I would suspect yes).   Note
> that I did not upgrade the version on the backup server, yet (which is
> even older)...

I'd lean more towards ssh and/or librsync being faster, if I were
guessing. The python wrapper that is rdiff-backup doesn't really do much
heavy lifting, does it?

Speaking of more speed. Just upgraded to Nextcloud v15.2 and they claim
a 2-3x performance improvement.  I have to say, I believe it. Everything
seems snappier.
The bad side to the update is they broke the U2F authentication addon.